Anti-Black Racism Educational Sessions
The time for change is now, and change starts with you and your organization. Understanding what anti-Black racism is, how it manifests, and how your employees and teams can begin a journey to change is where we come in.
Making Change has partnered to provide anti-Black racism/unconscious bias educational sessions with diversity, equity and inclusion consultants Camille Dundas, Craig Wellington, and Melissa Horne Ph.D of Learning Snippets and Dialectic.
Our sessions are for executives and managers, HR teams, community organizations,
Here's a sample program/session outline:
Setting the stage with lived experiences and introduction
Anti-Black racism facilitated sessions - optional breakout sessions
Anti-Black racism Learning Snippets tool introduction and implementation
Next steps facilitated round table
Analytics and reporting on Learning Snippets implementation by the organization members.
We would be happy to understand your organization’s needs and create a customized educational solution that works for you.
Please reach out to start a discussion and ask us to develop a quote.
Speaking & Presentations
Want some insight into the local efforts influencing equity, diversity and inclusion? Making Change provides public speaking, keynotes, and presentations to spark conversations and discussions around anti-Black racism, diversity and inclusion. Let's connect and chat about the insights your organization is looking for, so we can met your needs. Please contact us to start a conversation.
Our speakers include: Amber Beckett, Debbie Opoku-Mulder, and on occasion other Black speakers from the Making Change team.
Here's a sample presentation overview:
A brief local overview of the BLM movement vs a moment
Our lived experiences as Black women
Insights into the creation of Making Change, our goals and the community work we do
How individuals can become allies, and do self-work around anti-Black racism
Thoughts on how organizations can consciously be more welcoming of diversity
To help Making Change continue to build inclusion and togetherness in our community, we would respectfully ask your organization to provide an honourarium to Making Change for speaking or presenting.
Presentation Overview :
• Sharing our lived experiences … challenges faced, perseverance required, successes attained
• Insights into the creation of Making Change, our goals and the community work we do
• Highlighting important contributions of members of the Black community – locally, provincially, nationally along with the importance of our schools doing the same throughout the year – not just in February during Black History Month
• Anti-Black racism – what it is and its many, varied impacts A local overview of the BLM movement vs a moment
• Becoming an ally - what students/staff can do individually and collectively to become supportive allies
Our speakers include: Amber Beckett, Debbie Opoku-Mulder, and on occasion other Black members of the Making Change team.